Thursday, August 6, 2009

A single sketch / Um único esboço - 24


Posting a single sketch today... Not that I don't have more, but I remembered that maybe could post one today, another tomorrow etc, instead of a “block” of 3 or 4, and alternating with the watercolors finished meanwhile. I don't want to promise that this will become a daily blog this way, but maybe it will be more amusing... Let's see how it works.
Hoje publico apenas um esboço... Não que não tenha mais para publicar, mas lembrei-me ir publicando um hoje, outro amanhã, etc, em vez de um bloco de 3 ou 4, e alternando com as aguarelas entretanto terminadas. Não quero prometer que com isso este passa a ser um blog de actualização diária, mas desta forma talvez fique mais divertido... Vamos ver como resulta.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice. This is the first I've seen of yours outside a village. I love the cool, wooded environment!

Paulo J. Mendes said...

It's challenging because I'm still not familiar with trees and many other natural forms, but want to try more of these...

Arménia Baptista said...

Tratando-se de um moinho...é sempre bonito...seja esboço (que nem parece) ou aguarela, não perde a beleza!
;p)

Paulo J. Mendes said...

Os moinhos são sempre um tema fascinante: Curiosamente, o próximo post será também um moinho e ia precisamente abordar esse assunto.
Em termos de esboço, há-que contar que eu acrescento sempre um bocadinho de contraste na digitalização, uma vez que os originais parecem sempre um pouco mais "deslavados"... Também terei que falar um dia sobre isto :)

Unknown said...

I find learning to draw and paint trees is a perfect excuse for just staring at them for a while. A good "know your trees" book will point out the major types and structures, too, which could be useful. Enjoy.

Paulo J. Mendes said...

I think it's the perfect combination: Sketching from real, a habit I wish to acquire not only for trees, and then some complementary published information.