Thursday, November 20, 2008

A mountain village / Aldeia de montanha


After one of my short excursions to my beloved mountain villages, I came back home with my eyes so filled with the rough beauty of those landscapes, their greens, their horizons and multiple textures, that I couldn't but try to express all that in some way...
Após um dos meus breves passeios pelas aldeias de montanha de que tanto gosto, regressei a casa com os olhos de tal maneira cheios da beleza rude daquelas paisagens, os seus verdes, horizontes e múltiplas texturas, que não podia senão tentar representar tudo isso de alguma forma...
Lana cold-pressed 8"x8" - 140lb (20x20cm - 300g/m2) paper
Sold / Vendido

2 comments:

Julio Rodrigues said...

I always need several minutes to really absorb all the beautiful details and atmosphere in these paintings.
Que bom trabalho.

Paulo J. Mendes said...

Thank you, Villager. Hope you enjoy those minutes. I can't help myself with the temptation to add all those details...