Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday sketches / Esboços à Sexta - 17




I've been adding shadows in my latest sketches, which can be noticed here in the second and third ones – the first being older – and what seems to be an insignificant detail has actually an extraordinay impact in the way of studying and antecipating the final result, as it allows a better visualisation of the light, atmosphere and colors to use that may have an influence in my future works. And it also increases my desire to advance for the painting...
I still have many older sketches, and it's very likely that some will have shadows added if I decide myself about them.
All of this has to do with my working methods, about which I wrote here and here.
Tenho vindo a acrescentar sombras nos meus esboços, o que aqui se nota no segundo e terceiro – o primeiro é mais antigo – e aquilo que parece um detalhe insignificante tem um impacte extraordinário na forma de estudar e antecipar o resultado final, pois permite uma melhor visualização da luz, atmosfera e cores a empregar que bem poderá influenciar os meus futuros trabalhos. Para além disso, tem o efeito de acentuar o desejo de avançar para a pintura...
Tenho ainda muitos esboços antigos, e é mais que provável que se me decidir por algum irei previamente acrescentar-lhe sombras.
Tudo isto tem a ver com os meus métodos de trabalho, sobre os quais escrevi aqui e aqui.

No comments: